Half Log Cabin Scrap busting block is quick and easy to make. You can arrange the quarter log cabin in a number of ways. Here is one where the blocks are put side by side with sashing. I like the way the blocks twist and turn in this one. Or by putting four blocks together to make a larger square like this one. I chose to put mine on point. Just because I love a quilt on point.
Half Log Cabin Scrap
Half Log Cabin blocks frame a beautiful large-scale print in this easy quilt. Colors from the focus print are used in the logs, but notice how they accent the large floral fabric rather than dominate the quilt.
2. Half Log Cabin Scrap squares
Notice her great tip for making each block different while not slowing down the stitching time. This can be used on other projects, as well. Here in the specs I’m doing:
- About a yard of red, cut into 36 2 1/2″ squares with the rest used for the border
- About three yards of a large focal print. Cut 18 11″ squares, then cut the squares on the diagonal to produce 36 big triangles. Use the remainder for the outer border.
- One-third of a yard of nine complementary fabrics for the logs. Cut 2″ strips from each fabric, across the width of the fabric (44″). Then cut each strip into 3 1/2″, 5″, 6 1/2″, 8″, 9 1/2″, 11 1/2″ lengths. You’ll need 36 of each of the sizes for the half log cabin squares.
- Trim the blocks to 10 1/2″.
1. Half Log Cabin Scrap download
Here is PDF for you to download. Enjoy and save well this pattern, so you can do several other works like this, including now for the holidays, Christmas you can start to do as soon as possible to decorate your home.
Send download link to: