Quilt Flower Show Patterns is a Florals and solids combine for a stunning but easy-to-sew bed quilt. You can change the theme of the large rectangles-think plaids or reproduction prints-to customize for any room. A beautiful project made having its designer Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle Shucksmith that as you can see in the picture below is a pattern, or in this case, a very well made quilt.
Quilt Flower Show Patterns
This quilt has a very different shape that calls special attention to those who like flowers. Put a new spin on the traditional Grandmother’s Flower Garden pattern by using a variety of modern florals in a summery quilt Flower Show Patterns.
• 11-18×22″ pieces (fat quarters) assorted florals (pieced rows)
• 1⁄2 yard solid red (pieced rows)
• 4-1⁄4 yards solid white (sashing, border)
• 3⁄4 yard solid orange (binding)
• 5- 7⁄8 yards backing fabric
• 73×105″ batting
Finished quilt: 67×98-1⁄2″
Quantities are for 44/45″-wide, 100% cotton fabrics. Measurements include 1⁄4″ seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order. Cut sashing and border strips lengthwise (parallel to the selvages).
- From each assorted floral, cut:
- 8-7-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄2″ rectangles (you’ll use 84 of the 88 cut)
- From solid red, cut:
- 72-1-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄2″ rectangles
- From solid white, cut:
- 2-6-1⁄4 ×87″ border strips
- 2-6-1⁄4 ×67″ border strips
- 11-4×55-1⁄2″ sashing strips
- From solid orange, cut:
- 9-2-1⁄2 ×42″ binding strips
Assemble Pieced Rows
Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together seven assorted floral 7-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄2″ rectangles and six solid red 1-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄2″ rectangles to make a pieced row; press seams open.
The pieced row should be 4-1⁄2 ×55-1⁄2″ including seam allowances. Repeat to make 12 pieced rows total.
Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out pieced rows and solid white 4×55-1⁄2″ sashing strips in 23 rows.
2. Sew together rows and sashing strips to make quilt center. Press seams open. The quilt center should be 55-1⁄2 ×87″ including seam allowances.
SEE ALSO: English Garden Free Pattern
Add solid white 6-1⁄4 ×87″ border strips to long edges of quilt center. Sew solid white 6-1⁄4 ×67″ border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams open.
Finish Quilt Flower Show Patterns
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Weeks Ringle machine-quilted a swirl motif across the quilt top.
3. Bind with solid orange binding strips.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://quiltinstructions.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Quilt-Flower-Show-Patterns-1.pdf” ]
Good here you see how wonderful and easy this quilt Flower Show Patterns is to make. A few steps by steps was what you saw and now you can download this wonderful PDF and start making yours. The English Garden Free Patterns quilt is a beautiful project for your home.