Secret Garden Trapunto Quilt Free Pattern by Joanne what a gorgeous quilt! Joanne L. of Craft Passion created this for her daughter’s bed, don’t you just love the puffy goodness of the Trapunto style? This project comes complete with downloadable patterns for the quilt and the appliqué in the design.
Secret Garden Trapunto Quilt Free Pattern by Joanne
More from Joanne: “I am so happy to get the pattern and tutorial of the Secret Garden Trapunto Quilt done. Thanks to all who are patiently waiting for the pattern and tutorial to get ready.
“I spent almost a year to get it up here and on my daughter’s bed, from idea to drawing, to the actual quilt then to this pattern and tutorial sharing. The reason behind this long stretch of time is because I have too many tasks on hand.
SEE ALSO: Aubrey Quilt Pattern Beautiful Colors
I was being carried away with and lost my sense of priority. In early last year, we bought a new condominium (yes, we are moving from a landed double story house to a condo, crazy!) so that we could have a place of our own. The quilting idea emerging into my mind and I told myself that I am going to make each of my kids at least a quilted blanket for their new bedrooms.
A quilt that they can remember for their whole life and perhaps can make it an heirloom piece to show the next generation “See, this is designed and made by your grandma.”… ok, may be just a photo to show if the quilt is too tattered to display…”
Finished Size: 62″ x 86″ (157cm x 218cm)
Tools & Materials
1. Applique patterns, collect the patterns and tutorials from the following pages: “Flowers, Leaves and Stems“, “Ladybug, Butterflies and Snails“, “Songbird, Tree and Sun“, and, “Secret Garden Font”
2. Applique fusible web (I used Steam-A-Seam), Qty = 20 sheets
3. Sewing Machine that is able to do free motion quilting, ie. with feed dog down or covered (I used Bernina B550 Quilter’s Edition)
4. Darning foot (or Bernina Stitch Regulator, BSR), walking foot, 1/4″ foot
5. Cotton blend batting (at least 64″ x 88″)
6. Polyester high loft batting (approximately half of the batting size)
7. Quilting cotton thread, #50, white, coordinate colors and contrast colors of your choice
8. Quilter Safety pins and/or basting thread
9. Fabric chalk or pencil and ruler
10. Cutting Mat
11. Rotary cutter
14. Printer and papers (letter size, qty= 20)
1. White cotton 44″ wide, 4.5 yards
2. Backing fabric, Pink base white polka-dot, 44″ wide 6 yards
3. Edge binder, 2.5″, 9 yard (or use 8 strips from jelly-roll)
4. Applique and square patchwork:
Designer: Sandy Gervais
Theme: Sassy [precuts: 5″ charm pack and 2.5″ jelly-roll]
usage: 1 charm pack and 2 jelly-rolls
Skill Level: Intermediate
PS: It is necessary to download both PDF
You will soon have a new website to download your PDFs for free. Exclusive for quilting, patchworks and more!
[maxbutton id=”2″ url=”https://mycrochet.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Secret-Garden-Trapunto-Quilt-Free-Pattern-by-Joanne-2.pdf” ]
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://mycrochet.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Secret-Garden-Trapunto-Quilt-Free-Pattern-by-Joanne-1.pdf” ]